Nexo is committed to safeguarding your privacy (that of our customers, prospects, and website visitors). This policy sets out how we treat your personal information.
- What information do we collect?
- Using your personal data
- Data transfers to third countries
- Data retention – how long we will keep it for
- Lawful basis for processing
- Origination of personal data in Nexo databases
- Your rights
- Security of your personal data
- Policy amendments
- Third party websites
- Other disclosures
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- Information about your visits to, and use of, this website;
- Information about any transactions carried out between you and us, or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services;
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us and/or subscribing to our website services, and/or email notifications;
- Your preferences, such as the language in which you wish to receive communications;
- Other information that you may supply in customer surveys, or feedback.
We may collect information about your computer and your visits to this website, such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views. We may use this information in the administration of this website, to improve the website’s usability, and for marketing purposes.
We may use your personal information to:
- Improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- Send information (other than marketing communications) to you which we think may be of interest to you by post or by email, or by similar technology;
- Send to you marketing communications relating to our business, which we think may be of interest to you by post or by email, or by similar technology.
You can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications to be sent, by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hold your personal data on a number of secure, enterprise-level databases. We also hold, in some cases, metadata relating to you or your company, such as meeting notes. We may also add your data to grouped lists of company types, in order to provide you and us with the best communication possible. In other circumstances, we hold your data in systems that enable us to deliver our core services to you. We also hold basic data to ensure we can continue to fulfil the request of someone who does not wish to hear from us, which is a standard practice.
If you would like to see further detail about our processing, please email email@example.com.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing, of for other purposes in the delivery of our core services that we have not discussed with you.
We have ensured that your data is safeguarded during the transfer to servers located outside of the EU by conducting an audit of the suppliers we work with. Your data is protected by guarantees such as the Privacy Shield (UK-US), and contractual clauses.
If you would like to see further detail about our international transfer audit, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The duration for which we retain your personal data varies, depending on the kind of process being undertaken. For processes that are part of the delivery of our core services, the data is retained for as long as you have a contract with us, and for three years after this to ensure continuity and accountability both for Nexo, and for your business.
For our marketing and CRM processes, we will typically remove your data five years after we initially added it to the database, unless we believe there is a legitimate interest for us to continue to process the data, such as an indication of your interest in our services. We believe it is possible that in the period after we begin to process your data, innovation news that is useful to you could emerge. After this time, your data will be deleted, if we can see that you have not interacted with our marketing materials in that period.
We have a legal obligation to retain certain documents, such as order information, for seven years. This means that your personal data may be held for up to seven years after the data of the order, in certain systems.
This section explains the legal background to our carrying out of the activities we described above.
While a number of our corporate systems (and the processing of your data by them) are used specifically to carry out the contract we have with clients, other processes are based upon the idea of Legitimate Interest.
For example, there may be information about best practice techniques for using Nexo or innovation news that is particularly relevant to you, which we send to you because we believe it would be of interest to you. We believe there is a benefit to you by our processing of your data in this way.
We’ll use your personal information if we consider it is in our legitimate business interests, so that we can operate as an efficient and effective business. We base our marketing, marketing automation, and other internal systems on this notion.
The source of your personal details, that are stored in our databases, is through the natural course of business. For some, we may have received your details through day-to-day activities such as meetings or conferences. Our staff, acting in Nexo’s legitimate interest, may pass details to other staff members for inclusion on databases.
Alternatively, we may store your details because you filled out a form on our website.
We would like to send you information about products and services of ours which may be of interest to you. You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. A link to a page where you can set your preferences- and instruct us to stop sending you emails- is included on every email that you receive. You can also instruct us not to use your personal data for marketing purposes by emailing email@example.com at any time. Please allow time for this instruction to be processed by our team.
You may also request a copy of the data that we hold for you, or ask for this data to be deleted. If you wish to enact these rights, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request, including any specific details that you wish to focus on so that we might tailor our actions to what you need.
We will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal data.
This website may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies of third party websites.
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
- To the purchaser or seller (or prospective purchaser or seller) of any business or asset which we are selling or purchasing
Nexo, 9 White Lion Street, London, N1 9PD, UK
Our data protection regulator is the Information Commissioner’s Office, in the UK. If you wish to make a complaint, please contact them at the website below, or on +44 303 123 1113.